Hurricane Sally Update
Updated: July 19, 2021
As you know, Hurricane Sally caused widespread destruction to our area as well as our resort last September. Our team has been working tirelessly to clean and properly prepare the property in anticipation of reopening.
We are Now Accepting Reservations!
We are now accepting reservations at The Beach Club Resort & Spa for SELECT units in all towers and cottages. Please know we are working hard to welcome you back and to once again fill the resort with families creating happy memories!
Recent Changes and Renovations
The Beach Club is coming back better than ever! Nearly every area of the resort has been touched in some way.
Then & Now: Beachier than Ever!
We’re thankful to be making great strides at The Beach Club! Browse these photos to see how far your favorite resort areas have come from the day after the storm to the here and now.
Progress photos as of January 15, 2021
Preliminary Damage Report as of Sept. 25
The Beach Club is currently a construction zone as repairs take place. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them from our general contractor. Below is a general update on damage at The Beach Club.
- Structural damage to several buildings.
- Water damage throughout the property in most buildings. Moisture mapping is in progress in all areas of the resort to fully assess the extent of the water damage.
- Several windows/doors need replacing.
- Debris is widespread throughout the property and cleanup is underway.
- Several roofs are damaged and are being repaired.
- Demolition has begun on The Spa and other areas in the clubhouse to remediate moisture in the walls.
- The boardwalks have not been fully inspected but appear to be okay.
- All pools are being drained to assess any damage.
- None of the outlets on property are currently able to serve guests or owners. This includes The Spa, Rental Office, Mercantile, Tennis Courts and Coast Restaurant. The Hideaway may open soon but is closed until further notice.
Appreciation for our Valued Team Members
Many of our Spectrum team members are dealing with their own personal devastation. We love our team and are working hard to provide support for them. If members need help filing with FEMA, we are assisting with the process. We have also been feeding team members and workers at the resort during this time. Our individual owners have been a wonderful help with monetary donations to team members. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We also have a fund for emergency situations that will help team members with significant damage. Thank you for the continued support, patience, love and prayers as we continue working to welcome you back!
A deep thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the help our community has received thus far. We have a long way to go, but we will get there together!
The Beach Club is eager to welcome you back and to continue providing a safe and memorable vacation. We thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you soon!
Details on reopening efforts will be updated frequently and communicated on social media and here on the website.