Hurricane Sally Update
As you know, Hurricane Sally recently caused widespread destruction to our area as well as our resort. Our team has been working tirelessly to clean and properly prepare the property in anticipation of reopening.
Updated: Oct. 13, 2020
Unfortunately, The Beach Club Resort & Spa has to suspend all incoming arrivals until March 31, 2021 for reservations in Catalina and Doral towers and until June 30, 2021 for Avalon and Bristol towers. We know this news comes as a shock, but for the safety of our guests, team members, owners and construction crews we can not reopen the resort until it’s safe to do so. Please know we are working hard to welcome you back and to once again fill the resort with families creating happy memories.
If you currently have a reservation, it is in the process of being canceled. There is NO NEED TO CALL to cancel or inquire about the status of your cancelation. If you have not been refunded yet, you will be refunded within the next few days. It takes five to 10 business days for refunds to appear back on your card.
If you purchased travel insurance through RedSky you will be refunded for that insurance when your reservation is refunded.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We appreciate you and your continued support as we work hard to rebuild a vacation tradition for so many families at The Beach Club Resort & Spa.
Preliminary Damage Report as of Sept. 25
The Beach Club is currently a construction zone as repairs take place. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them from our general contractor. Below is a general update on damage at The Beach Club.
- Structural damage to several buildings.
- Water damage throughout the property in most buildings. Moisture mapping is in progress in all areas of the resort to fully assess the extent of the water damage.
- Several windows/doors need replacing.
- Debris is widespread throughout the property and cleanup is underway.
- Several roofs are damaged and are being repaired.
- Demolition has begun on The Spa and other areas in the clubhouse to remediate moisture in the walls.
- The boardwalks have not been fully inspected but appear to be okay.
- All pools are being drained to assess any damage.
- None of the outlets on property are currently able to serve guests or owners. This includes The Spa, Rental Office, Mercantile, Tennis Courts and Coast Restaurant. The Hideaway may open soon but is closed until further notice.
Appreciation for our Valued Team Members
Many of our Spectrum team members are dealing with their own personal devastation. We love our team and are working hard to provide support for them. If members need help filing with FEMA, we are assisting with the process. We have also been feeding team members and workers at the resort during this time. Our individual owners have been a wonderful help with monetary donations to team members. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We also have a fund for emergency situations that will help team members with significant damage. Thank you for the continued support, patience, love and prayers as we continue working to welcome you back!
While we are not accepting volunteers onsite at The Beach Club at this time, if you would like to volunteer in the recovery efforts of the Gulf Coast, please come to the Gulf Shores Sportsplex anytime between 9am-6pm starting 9/18 and until further notice. If you are interested in donating items, please contact email@example.com and someone will reach out to you directly.
A deep thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the help our community has received thus far. We have a long way to go, but we will get there together!
The Beach Club is eager to welcome you back and to continue providing a safe and memorable vacation. We thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you soon!
Details on reopening efforts will be updated frequently and communicated on social media and here on the website.