Mother’s Day Gift Guide for Beach-Lovin’ MomsEva Faircloth - May 02, 2019
May is a busy month with graduation, the end of the school year (for most) and more importantly Mother’s Day. A time to honor mom as the queen of her castle, we’ve compiled a complete Mother’s Day gift guide for beach-loving moms. Think inside and outside the box for these fun and thoughtful finds.
Gulf Shores Mother’s Day Gift Guide
1. The Wharf in Orange Beach is always a fun place to hangout with lots of unique shopping, great dining and much more. The entertainment mecca holds great ideas for Mother’s Day experiences beginning at The Southern Grind Coffee House with a gift certificate for her favorite blend and some affordable and fun jewelry. Follow that up with a visit to High Cotton Bath Company where mom can make her own luxury bath products using her favorite scents.
2. The Hot Shop at the Coastal Arts Center of Orange Beach is a unique opportunity to “Make Your Own Glass” with mom. The waterfront campus offers a great venue for activities like glass blowing and even pottery making in the onsite Clay Studio. (Note: You’ll need to call ahead for an appointment.)
3. Moms are selfless ladies, always looking after everyone else before themselves. Our Gulf Shores Mother’s Day Gift Guide suggests treating mom to a day of pampering at The Spa and Salon at The Beach Club where she can choose from a full complement of services including massages, facials, mani/pedis or a new haircut and style. Sip on a mimosa while lounging about the relaxation room to round out an experience that mom will treasure. Gift cards are always a hit, as well.
4. Mother’s Day Brunch at Coast Restaurant and Sushi Bar is a can’t-miss for creative culinary treats. Enjoy family-friendly waterfront dining at its best with fresh seafood and other Gulf Coast favorites wrapped up in a special Mother’s Day Brunch menu. Start your meal with Fresh Gulf Oysters or Parmesan Truffle Fries and make your way to the main course with offerings like Crab Cakes, Shrimp and Grits or Steak and Eggs. Save room for a delectable dessert like Triple Chocolate Cake, Mile High Key Lime Pie or White Chocolate Macadamia Bread Pudding.
5. A sunset cruise on the Gulf of Mexico is an incredible nod to mom for a job well done. Sail Wild Hearts in Orange Beach does a lovely job of chasing sunsets and making every guest feel special. Enjoy a sail aboard the 53-foot open ocean catamaran with the whole family.
6. Beach time often doubles as reading time. Our Gulf Shores Mother’s Day Gift Guide includes an Audible subscription so Mom can stay caught up with her favorite author, book or series on her electronic device.
7. A beach bag filled with necessities would be fitting for mom’s best holiday as well. Themed to go hand-in-hand with the beach, there are so many ideas. But, favorites include a beach towel, flip-flops, sunscreen, a Tervis tumbler with a cute beach scene, magazines, a visor or ball cap, gift cards or certificates, sunglasses and snacks.