Coast Restaurant’s Crab Cake RecipeEva Faircloth - April 07, 2020
Ready to sink your teeth into something divine? Chef John Hamme is sharing Spectrum Resorts’ mouthwatering recipe for crab cakes. We invite you to bring a taste of the beach into your home with this delish recipe. When you visit us next, ask for these at Coast Restaurant at The Beach Club Resort & Spa.
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 tsp French’s Mustard
1 Tbsp Parsley Flakes
2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 Lemon, Juiced
1 Egg, Beaten
1 lb Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
1 lb Claw Crabmeat
4 Tbsp Saltine Cracker Crumbs
4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Creole Mustard Butter:
1 oz Cider vinegar
1 oz White Wine
2 sprigs Thyme
2 Shallots, Chopped
1/2 lb Butter
1 Tbsp Creole Mustard
Crab Cake Directions:
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl to make the crab cake mix.
- Place crabmeat in a pan large enough to spread into a thin layer.
- Sprinkle Saltine crumbs over crabmeat, toss. Add crab mix and fold, be careful not to break the lumps.
- Shape into 6 5 1/2 oz cakes. Place cakes in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat vegetable oil in a teflon pan and brown crab cakes on both sides. Once golden brown transfer to a baking sheet and bake to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Creole Mustard Butter Directions:
- Place the vinegar, white wine, thyme and shallot in a small sauce pan and reduce until almost dry.
- Cut butter into cubes and rest at room temperature.
- Add the heavy cream to the sauce pan and reduce by 2/3. Remove from heat and add butter stirring to incorporate as the butter melts.
- Place sauce in a warm area (approx. 130 degrees) to hold or service.