5 Reasons to Visit the Gulf Coast in JulyCrystal Brown - June 11, 2018
July is one of the best and busiest times of the year to head down to the Gulf Coast and spend your summer days. You’ll have a litany of family-friendly activities and events to enjoy throughout your Gulf Shores vacation. Better yet, our Gulf Shores luxury resort is in prime location to many of the exciting things you can do this July along the Gulf Coast!
Gulf Shores Concerts at The Wharf Amphitheater
The Wharf is one of the hubs for entertainment and fun along the Alabama Gulf Coast, and this July is no different. There are a ton of concerts throughout the summer at The Wharf, and a couple of performances will be performing at The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach. This year’s July concerts include:
- Jason Aldean with special guests Luke Combs, Lauren Alaina, and Dee Jay Silver | Thursday, July 26th, 7:30 pm | Tickets start at $62.75
- Dave Matthews Band | Sunday, July 29th, 8 pm | Tickets start at $85
For more information on The Wharf Amphitheater, contact (251) 224-1020.
Blue Marlin Grand Championship | The Wharf Marina | July 10th – 15th
Orange Beach’s biggest fishing event of the year takes center stage at The Wharf Marina from July 10th – July 15th. Eighty-five teams of fishermen will set to the sea to pull the biggest catch they can find, and weigh their monster catches and see the biggest fish on display. From beginners to professionals, all are welcome to participate in this popular Orange Beach fishing event. For more information, call (251) 224-1900.
Gulf Shores 4th of July Celebrations
This 4th of July, Gulf Shores will be boasting several patriotic festivities and family fun. Fireworks will light the night sky and parties with kid-friendly activities, yummy food, and more will be available. This year’s Gulf Shores 4th of July celebrations include:
- J4 Celebration at Turquoise Place – Turquoise Place Resort; Wednesday, July 4th; Kid’s activities, live music, delicious BBQ, fireworks; unlimited fun passes are $20 per child ages 5-15 and $35 for adults. Children 4 years and younger are free; find out more about the J4 Celebration
- Independence Day Street Party – The Wharf at Orange Beach; Tuesday, July 3rd, 5 pm – 9 pm; Family-friendly activities, giveaways, live entertainment; Admission is free; some activities have a fee
- Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration – Gulf State Park Fishing and Education Pier; Wednesday, July 4th; Fireworks starting at 9 pm; Free Admission
- 4th of July Fireworks Celebration at The Beach Club Resort & Spa – The Beach Club Resort & Spa; Wednesday, July 4th, 9pm; Kid’s activities, live music, food specials, fireworks.
Sunny Days and Tropical Drinks
The Alabama Gulf Coast is known for its beautiful sunny days and a nice breeze. What better way to cool off on those hot summer days than with a colorful tropical drink. Enjoy a refreshing beverage at the Gulfside Bar & Grill, located on-site at The Beach Club, or visit The Village Hideaway, also located on-site, which boasts tons of delicious food and drinks, and their own arcade.
The Beach Club Clubhouse Activities | Ongoing
Throughout the month of July, The Beach Club Resort & Spa will be hosting numerous Clubhouse activities and things to do for all ages! Enjoy dance parties, balloon sculptures, on-site entertainment, poolside music, and so many more free activities at our Gulf Shores resort. Check out our summer events schedule at The Beach Club here!
Fort Morgan Guided Tours | Ongoing
History buffs may find it a fitting time to tour Fort Morgan http://www.fort-morgan.org/ at the end of the scenic Fort Morgan peninsula. During the summer months of June and July, there are daily guided tours at 10 a.m. Staff dressed in period clothing will speak about the Fort’s historical significance, military occupancy and the like. Self-guided tours are also available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day. Pricing is available on their website.
Pirates and Princesses Breakfast | Ongoing
Need an extra little something for the wee travelers this holiday? Check out the Pirates and Princesses Breakfast at The Hangout! Available 8 to 10:30 a.m. through Labor Day, this all-you-can-eat breakfast feast is accompanied by skits and sword fights, as well as a search for pirate booty! Affordably priced (adults $13, ages 6-12 $7, 5 and under free), don your princess or pirate costume and head on over for a value-added vacation extra! The kids will love it (adult kids included).
Take advantage of the Fourth of July sale at nearby Tanger Outlets in Foley. Shop at famous brand stores from Friday, June 29 to Sunday, July 8 and download the Tanger APP for additional sale finds! If you’re a Spectrum Resorts guest, you’ll find a voucher for a Tanger Outlets coupon book in your check-in packet. Redeem the voucher at the mall office and get started shopping and saving!