The Beach Club Resort & Spa is far more than a place to sleep (though your dreams will be sweet in our beachfront abodes). Our world-class resort offers a full vacation experience, with on-site activities and exclusive guest perks that create fun for the whole family. You can shop, dine, play, and relax right at the resort as you spend your stay just steps from our sugar-white sand.
In celebration of our 25th anniversary, we’re taking a look at 25 fun things to do at The Beach Club in Gulf Shores. Add these activities to your agenda for a fun-filled stay The Beach Club way!
25 Fun Things to Do at The Beach Club
1. Bask on a private and pristine beach that spans the length of five football fields. Remember to reserve your beach chairs for front-row priority seating (subject to availability).
2. Book a beach campfire package to enjoy s’mores and spooky stories on our moonlit shores. Note: campfires are seasonal and are only allowed when booked through the resort. No other fires are allowed on the beach.
3. Take a quiet break overlooking the beach as you lounge on our wooden swings. The swings are a popular photo-op for many families year after year!
4. Make your own waves with our on-site water sports rentals.
5. Enjoy a magical mermaid experience with Aqua Tails Underwater Shoot and Swim, which includes swimming lessons, photos, and your own tail to take home!
6. Pose like a pirate or make like a mermaid with a themed photoshoot at the beach.
7. Strike a pose on our selfie wall to capture your trip with a cool beach-themed background.
8. Spend some time at Sand Island to soak up some sun and play games like beach volleyball, life-sized checkers and chess, corn-hole and more. During the summer, keep an eye out for activities like water balloon fights and inflatable slides.
9. Splash in our outdoor pools to cool off in resort-style comfort (without worrying about sand or stings).
10. Take a turn on our tennis courts or book a lesson with Tennis Pro Joey Carney to strengthen your skills.
11. Get moving on the QR F.I.T. Trail, our new outdoor exercise system that combines scenic views with heart-healthy cardio and fun instructional videos.
12. Book a session at The Spa to pamper yourself from a full menu of soothing spa services, including massage therapy, facials, body treatments, mani/pedis and more.
13. Give yourself a great new look with a professional cut and color at The Salon.
14. Play in our heated indoor pool to make a splash on a rainy day.
15. Spend some time in our sauna and steam rooms to sweat out your stress and relax aching muscles.
16. Take the kids to The Village Hideaway Arcade to enjoy family fun with classic games like pool, air hockey, claw games and shuffleboard. Modern gamers can take a swing on our golf simulator or check out our Xbox gaming stations.
17. Spend a night under festival lights at The Village Lawn, where families can gather and kids can run free with lawn games, live music, food trucks and more. Note: The Village Lawn is open seasonally.
18. Shop at The Village Mercantile for fashionable beachwear, gifts, jewelry, logo wear and other sundries. Spectrum guests receive a 10% discount on purchases!
19. Pop by the playground to burn off some pre-nap energy with slides, tunnels, and obstacles for children to climb on.
20. Catch up with Toby the Turtle at The Clubhouse pool, where he hangs around to throw dance parties, hand out popsicles, help with kids’ crafts and shell-ebrate the summer. You can even book a Toby Birthday Party!
21. Stroll along our scenic walking trails to get some fresh air and exercise along our flower-lined paths. Be sure to watch for wildlife!
22. Rent bikes for the crew and cruise the resort at a comfortable speed for just $20 per day.
23. Dine at Coast Restaurant for waterfront views and the freshest Gulf seafood in a relaxed, family-friendly setting.
24. Pop over to The Village Creamery for sweet treats like hand-dipped ice cream, soda floats, and sundaes.
25. Follow our weekly resort guide for a full schedule of fun family activities happening right on the resort. From kids crafts and contests to yoga, line dancing, and live music for adults, there’s fun for all ages at The Beach Club.