The Beach Club offers fun and exciting activities for the entire family that take place in four main locations. The Clubhouse has a great variety of activities and guests who rent through Spectrum Resorts are given full access to the Clubhouse. Call the resort activities hotline for the latest schedule of activities at The Beach Club.
The Clubhouse is the hub of our activities. At the Clubhouse our guests enjoy a wide array of family activities ranging from painting sand dollars to going to the pool and enjoying a dive-in movie with your family.
Click Here to View examples of Clubhouse Activities
- Live Music - Local musicians perform until 10:00 pm.
- Aqua Zumba - Join our guest Aqua Zumba instructor for a fun invigorating workout. Integrating the Zumba formula with traditional aqua fitness disciplines, the Aqua Zumba class blends it all into a safe, challenging, water based workout that's cardio conditioning, body toning and most of all exhilarating beyond belief.
- Scavenger hunt - Guests follow clues around the property to receive a prize.
- Pool games - Organized pool games
- Ping Pong Tournaments - Compete against other guests in ping pong for prizes.
- Poolside Bingo - A game fun for all ages
- Sunday Worship Service - A non-denominational service from Pastor Warren.
- Cake Decorating - Cake artist Mary Jones will demonstrate unique ways to decorate cakes and other sweet treats. Everyone gets to enjoy the sweets made at the end of class.
- Corn Hole Tournaments - Enjoy this classic bean bag toss game beside our outdoor pool.
- Minute to Win It - Guests get a chance to compete against each other in games made popular by the TV game show.
- Crafts - Crafts include: Sand Dollar Painting, Glitter Tattoos, Tie-Dye Shirts, Sandy Candy, Fish Sun Catcher Picture Frames, Beach Ornaments, Spin Art, Tide Pool Wind Chimes, Colortime Back Packs, Shark Tooth Necklaces, Ceramic paintings, Build A Buddy, etc. *Fees apply
- Yoga - Enjoy a relaxing yoga experience with our hand selected guest instructor.
- Amazing Race - Teams of people race around the resort searching for clues to lead them to the next location or that direct them to do a task either together or one team member until they reach the final pit stop.
- Dive-in movie - Swim up and enjoy a family oriented movie by the Club Pool. Popcorn and cotton candy will be available for purchase.
- Pools and hot tubs
The Village provides activities for all ages. These attractions include shopping at the Village Mercantile, delicious ice cream and sundaes at our Village Creamery, and the new Village Hideaway restaurant which features a top-of-line golf simulator, arcade games, billiard tables, mini-shuffleboard and more. Below are some of the delights you will enjoy at The Village:
Click Here to View examples of Activities at The Village
- Golf Simulator [Village Hideaway] – Pebble Beach? Pinehurst? Play the courses you've only dreamed of on our High Definition Golf™ simulator. Choose from a variety of courses and soon you'll be playing like a pro. Reservations recommended. Book with Spectrum and receive %15 off. Call 251-224-3650 to make your reservation.
- Pool & Shuffleboard [Village Hideaway] – Take a break from the outdoor activities and challenge your friends and family to some indoor billiards and shuffleboard.
- Tasty treats at the Village Creamery – Enjoy a delectable selection of ice cream. This is the perfect little snack for children and adults alike.
- Outdoor activities on the Village Lawn include: volleyball, Life-size Checkers and Chess, Inflatable Jumpers, and more!
Just as it sounds, we have beautiful little island of sand situated between the Clubhouse and The Village. This little community island is great for outdoor grilling, and family activities. Below are examples of some of the activities at Sand Island
Click Here to View examples of Sand Island Activities
- Family Survivor – Families are split into teams, they have to pick a tribe name, set-up their own campsite, and then compete against each other in challenges.
- Organized sports - Join us for a friendly competitive game of your favorite sports such as Whiffle Ball, Kick Ball, Basketball or Flag Football.
- Blacklight volleyball – Play nighttime volleyball under the blacklights.
- Poker Bowling - Play this variation of Yahtzee with our dice bowling pins.
- Campfire and S'mores - Enjoy fun on the sand while eating S'mores around the campfire. This activity meets directly on the beach in front of the Avalon tower.
With eight lighted Rubico clay tennis courts, you can enjoy a spirited match or just a casual one with your family. Below is a great overview of the services offered at the Racquet Club:
- Kids tennis clinics – Open to any skill level. Brush up on old skills and learn some new ones. Limited to 10 kids per clinic. $10 per person. Contact the Racquet Club for more information.
- Adult tennis clinics – Open to any skill level. Brush up on old skills and learn some new ones with Marty Halliday, our Tennis Pro. Limited to 6 people per clinic. $15 per person. Contact the Racquet Club for more information.